Effective and Last Updated: 09-09-21
We collect two types of information from you:
i) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through a voluntary registration process, sign-ups or emails); and
ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
• Voluntary Information for Services and Features We collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain features of the Site, including:
i) making purchases,
ii) consenting to receive emails about upcoming promotions or events,
iii) consenting to receive email,
iv) commenting on articles
v) participating in the forum(s) and becoming part of the online community,
vi) Submitting queries through our contact forms or otherwise submitting any information through the forms present anywhere on the Site,
vii) Becoming a Site Member and
viii) Directly e-mailing any information to Girl And Faith using the email ID provided on the Site,
ix) and using any additional features the Site offers such as but not limited to; providing you freebies, participating in the online forum(s) and more.
When you choose to use these additional features, we require you to provide your “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses and credit card information. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your shopping preferences and demographics which will help us better serve you and our others users in the future.
Depending upon your use of our Site we may collect some or all of the following data:
2. Date of birth,
4. Business/Company name,
5. Job Title,
7. Email ID,
8. Your shopping preferences,
9. Topics you like to read about,
10. Contact Information (as defined above),
11. Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests,
12. Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers or your PayPal e-mail address and information,
13. The URL of your own site,
14. IP address (automatically collected),
15. Web browser type and version (automatically collected),
16. Operating system (automatically collected),
17. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site and the site you exit to (automatically collected),
18. Device used to access our Site (automatically collected),
19. The time you spent on our Site (automatically collected),
20. How you interacted with our Site (automatically collected),
Cookies: Our site uses “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
Cookies enable us to serve secure pages to our users without asking them to sign in repeatedly. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. If a user’s system is idle for a defined time, the cookie will expire, forcing the user to sign in again to continue their session. This prevents unauthorised access to the user’s information while they are away from their computer. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Site.
• We use WordPress as our Site host, WordPress puts some cookies in your browser and you may read more about the type of cookies being used here.
• Additionally, we also use Jetpack (tracking technology) and they may place cookies in your browser as well, know more about the cookies they use here.
Third-Party Cookies: In the course of serving advertisements and/or affiliate links/referral links to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognise a unique “cookie” on your browser.
For more information on what cookies are and how you can delete them please visit here. To see the number of cookies being used on your website, depending upon the browser you are using, this guide can help you see how many cookies are currently in use.
Girl And Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Inc or its affiliates.
If you decide to restrict some, or all cookies in your browser, this Site may not function correctly or at all.
How We Use Your Information
Girl And Faith only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection. Girl And Faith will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our suppliers and other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of Girl And Faith unless required to do so by law.
Further, Girl And Faith reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected. Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you.
Please note that personally identifiable information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you.
We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site. Girl And Faith may use your personal information for target advertising toward you based on things such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits, etc.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyse data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Web site usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site.
We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyse data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders. Also, we may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganisation, stock sale or other change in control.
Girl And Faith may disclose Contact Information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN COMMENTS, ONLINE FORUM(S) SUCH AS OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY OR ANY OTHER PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA OF THE SITE.
We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your access to our Site,
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site,
- Supplying our products and services to you,
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you,
- Responding to communications from you,
- Supplying you with e-mail newsletters, latest news, and promotions, events etc. that you may have subscribed to,
- Sending you alerts and information etc. related to your use of our Site’s features such as delivering a free product and/or service to you collectively known as “Freebie(s)”,
- Market research,
- Analysing your use of Our Site, ad gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience on our Site
- Providing customer service and/or resolving your queries
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
1. you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
2. processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
3. processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
4. processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
5. processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We take appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and data stored on our system or otherwise physically in our home office.
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Advertisements appearing on this Site may be delivered to you by Girl And Faith or one of our affiliate advertising partners. Our affiliate advertising partners may set cookies. Doing this allows the advertising partners to recognise your computer each time you view an advertisement. In this way, they may compile information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw their advertisements and determine which advertisements are clicked. This information allows an affiliate advertising to provide Us with a valid commission in case you end up making a purchase, perform a valid action such as a sign-up, make an inquiry etc.
Girl And Faith does not have access to or control of the cookies that may be placed by the third party advertising servers of ad partners.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. You may ask us to modify your information at any time by getting in touch with us or use the facilities provided to update your information and preferences.
Please contact us should you need any information or more details about the same.
Where Do We store your Data
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us.
Our Site is hosted on theWordPress platform.WordPress provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through WordPress’ data storage, databases, servers, etc.
As mentioned before we also use Jetpack to track your personally and non-personally identifiable data you can read about how and where they store your data here.
Summary of your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
1. the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
2. the right to complain to a supervisory authority (but we hope you contact us first so we can help you out!);
3. be informed of what data processing is taking place;
4. the right to restrict processing;
5. the right to data portability;
6. object to the processing of your personal data;
• Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
1. In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
2. This right does not apply in the following circumstances:
i) The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
ii) The decision is authorised by law; or
iii) You have given you explicit consent.
Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
1. Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
2. Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
3. Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
4. All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
If any user who receives an email from the Site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, [he or she] can do so by following the instructions in the emails. In addition, you may send us a message through this form and ask us to remove you from our mailing list.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorised to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
Disclaimer to Security
Notification of Changes